Happy Sunday! I do not want to bring up the game for you today because it is my friend Ernest’s birthday party, and I want to look at the little genetic miracles that corgis runs around a track in honor of his special day. Drive corgier, run! John has covered you for today, but you can check in on yesterday’s match here if you missed it, and here too my link is my gift to you anyway, because as a baker, I get up at 5 in the morning to make these links warm and fresh for you in the morning. Just kidding, I do them before I go to sleep and after I have taken my melatonin, and sometimes the feeling does not give syntax much. Anyway, to the links!
In Mariner’s news:
- The Olympics for baseball begin soon, and while we wish all Julioooo much success with Team DR, we would also like to take a moment to cheer on Mariners coach Alon Leichman, who represents Team Israel, and wish him the best of luck as well.
- I was curious if Mitch Haniger’s recently melted lava hot strip had encouraged other teammates to write if possible to acquire him in a deal. I was not impressed with what I found.
Around the league:
- After reinstalling him from the COVID list, Atlanta has DFA’d OF Ender Inciarte. Some people here looking for landing dot com (John) will tell you that sailors should try to get Inciarte, a 2017 All-Star and winner of several gold gloves in the field. These people (John) are wrong. We already have a COVID-ride outdoor player, and he is younger and (currently) better than Inciarte, so no thanks for peeling off part of the farm for him, no matter how insignificant it may be. (To be fair to John, his argument is that sailors should take on Inciarte and his paycheck to get a good prospect out of Atlanta, not just out of a craze to get the player himself. But also to not be fair against John, this is a bad idea and he should feel bad about it.)
- Rangers are aggressively discussing a Joey Gallo extension, except that they can also switch him to Toronto, except that they may not do anything. That’s what I got out of it this article, at least. In other news, I can eat this bag of bugles, except I can also try swapping them for some Cool Ranch Doritos, or I can also put the bugs on my fingertips and mime a New Orleans-style cakewalk to the tune “When the Saints marches in. ”Sources say that some of this is possible.
- Speaking of Rangers, they barely got here yesterday by the Astros, but managed to break up the no-hitter on the eighth. They are still on a particularly tough stretch of losses (11) there binds its last longest record for subsequent losses in almost 40 years, by Lone Star Ball.
- On the other side, The angels hardly beat the twins behind the efforts of LHP Patrick Sandoval, which comes closer – well, I should say “staff ace” for the angels, but it’s not really that impressive. He’s pretty good, though, and I could see him frustrating Mariners batter in the years to come.