Washington State baseball coach Brian Green has signed a contract extension through the 2026 season, athletics director Pat Chun announced Friday. Green’s first contract was a five-year contract that was signed in 2019.
In just its second year leading the Cougars, WSU had its first winning season (26-23) since 2015, with the most wins (16) of any Power Five team and the most Pac-12 wins (13) since 2014.
Your men undefeated
Washington’s No. 3 men’s soccer team (7-0-0) remained undefeated and used a dominant second half to secure a 2-0 victory over host Portland (5-4-0).
Kendall Burks gave the visitors the lead 61 minutes into the match to make it 0 – 2. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball in the penalty area. Kalani Kossa-Rienzi struck a 30 meter free kick home 76 minutes into the match. Sam Fowler made a huge save in goal.
• Host Washington (2-4-2, 0-0-1) won 2-2 with Arizona State (8-1-1, 0-0-1) in the Pac-12 opening for both teams. The Sun Devils led 2-0 at the break before the Huskies scored in the second half Jessika cowart in the 67th minute and Summer yates in the 77th minute.
• Host Washington State (7-1-1, 1-0-0) opened the Pac-12 game with a 2-0 end to Arizona (3-5-0, 0-1-0). Enzi Broussard scored in the 13th minute and Elyse Bennett in the 62nd minute. Marissa Zucchetto got closed.
• Camille Boyd shot a 6-under 66 in the first round of the Mason Rudolph Championship in Nashville, Tennessee, and is a draw for others among individuals. The Huskies are in 11th place.
• Jose marmolejos beat a solo homer, but Tacoma Rainiers (73-49) lost a 4-3 decision on the Round Rock Express.
• Washington State Savanna Ly-Nguyen and Fifa Kumhom each single in the first round wins to mark the first day of play at the Cougar Classic.