Two Red Sox players were placed on the Major Baseball COVID-19 list

Two Red Sox players were placed on the Major Baseball COVID-19 list

Two Red Sox players were placed on the Major Baseball COVID-19 list

CLEVELAND – Boston Red Sox infielder Kiké Hernández has tested positive for COVID -19 and will be out of action indefinitely.



Two Red Sox players were placed on the Major Baseball COVID-19 list


© Provided by The Canadian Press


Red Sox leader Alex Cora mentioned that Hernández had experienced some symptoms. He will be placed on the COVID-19 list, just like second baseman Christian Arroyo, who had close contact with Hernández.

“They will miss a longer period,” Cora said on Friday, without disclosing whether Hernández had been vaccinated.

Cora said infielder Yairo Munoz and Jonathan Arauz have been recalled from the AAA level and the Red Sox are hopeful that they will be available for tonight’s game against the Cleveland Indians.

Cora said she is convinced the Red Sox have been on guard to follow Major League Baseball protocols.

“We are disciplined,” he insisted. “When we talk to other teams, we are probably the club that is most involved in doping testing.”

Cora added that after a recent outbreak in the Texas Rangers, the Red Sox have taken extra precautions.

Tom Withers, The Canadian Press

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top