GAME 53: Oregon State (33-19, 15-11) vs. Arizona (37-14, 20-9)
May 23, 2021 • 12:05 PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Jake pfennigs (4-0, 3.35) vs. TBA
Oregon State and Arizona end their three-game series Sunday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 12:05 PT.
All games are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before the first pitch. Associated companies include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend matches), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday matches before 17:30), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend matches).
Catch the game online by going to osubeavers.com and finding the live broadcast on the Oregon State Baseball Overview page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks. Rich Burk and Bill Rowe will call the action.
Pac-12 Networks subscribers can watch the game online at pac-12.com or using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
You can access live statistics for the game by clicking on the live statistics link on the baseball field page at osubeavers.com.
Cooper Hjerpe knocked out a career-high 11 when he prevented the Arizona offense in a 3-1 victory Saturday night at Goss Stadium. He held the Wildcats to two hits and ran in seven innings for his third win of the season. Ryan serves drove during the first and Jake dukart tripled home two in the third inning for victory two.
Claunch Watch, again
• Troy claunch tied a career high with three hits in Saturday’s win, thus extending the hit line to 13 games.
It is the longest of a beaver this season.
• Claunch is 21-for-52 (.404) with five doubles, three home runs and 11 RBIs during the season.
• Claunch has five stakes with several hits in the race, including three matches with three.
• He is 4-on-8 with two points scored against the wildcats.
It does 43
• Jake mulholland saved his 43rd career game on Saturday, setting him six shy to break the all-time Pac-12 record.
• Mulholland is the country’s active leader.
• The left is now tied for the ninth all-time in NCAA history.
• He has now made 116 career appearances, including 115 out of the bullpen. There are only five shy of binding for the 25th all-time in the NCAA record books.
At 49 home runs
• Oregon State has 49 home runs during the year and wants to be the fifth Beaver team since 2000 to count 50 or more in the regular season. OSU did so in 2000 (58), 2001 (53), 2002 (54) and 2018 (52). The 2018 club ended the season with 67 after hitting 15 in the post season.
• 2021 The Beavers have beaten 13 home runs in the last eight games, although none have come in the last three. That includes nine in the three-game series against ASU.
• Wade Mecklers hit streak now stands at eight games while Jake Dukarts triple pressed his to six games.
• OSU goes into play Sunday tied for fourth in Pac-12 with Arizona State, 3 1/2 games behind first place. The teams are a half game cloud of No. 3 Stanford.