GAME 29: Oregon State (21-7, 7-2) vs. Oregon (16-7, 3-3)
April 9, 2021 • 19:05 PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State opens a three-game series with Oregon Friday night at PK Park in Eugene. The first pitch is scheduled for 19:05 PT. The Rivalry series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before the first pitch. Associated companies include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend matches), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday matches before 17:30), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend matches).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball planning site. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game is broadcast on Pac-12 Networks with Rich Burk calling the plot.
Pac-12 Networks subscribers can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball plan page at osubeavers.com for a link.
Jake dukart and Wade meckler both doubled and singled in Oregon State’s 5-2 loss to Gonzaga Tuesday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Ryan serves also extended the hit line to nine games with a 1-for-3 day. OSU scored first, but Gonzaga put two on the board in the fifth and three in the sixth to win and share the midweek series.
Ober To Nine
• Ryan Ober’s nine-match hit has bound Andy Armstrongs (February 20 – March 5) longest of an OSU player this season.
• Ober is 17-for-37 (.460) with 11 goals scored, seven runs in, six runs, four doubles and two home runs under the stretch.
This week’s national player in Melton
• Jacob Melton, who hit four home runs and collected 11 hits – with a double and a triple – while driving in eight was named National Player of the Week by both Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game.
• Melton was also named Pac-12 Player of the Week, Oregon State second season after Ryan serves.
On the road
• Oregon State has an 8-0 away record this season, including a 3-0 mark in Pac-12 games after sweeping Washington.
The Beavers’ pitching staff has a 1.13 ERA in 72 innings on the road, holding opponents to 34 hits and 20 innings while hitting 88.
• OSU beats .300 on the road and puts out a .465 slugging percentage and .389 on the base percentage.
• OSU is the lone Pac-12 team with a sub-3.00 ERA of 2.36. The Pac-12s No. 2 team in the Arizona State category is at 3.51.
The Beavers lead the Pac-12 with a 2.78 ERA in conference action. Offensively, OSU also leads the league with a .323 average in Pac-12 games.
• Jake dukart beats .533 in league games, leading Pac-12. His 16 hits are second.
• Oregon State’s pitchers rank first in Pac-12 and ninth nationally with 299 strikes.
• OSU is 11-4 in night games.