TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama Catch Sam Praytor was selected as the Collegiate Baseball News Third Team All-American on catcher, the organization announced Thursday morning.
Praytor is Alabama’s first All-America selection this season and the tide’s first since 2020 then Connor Prielipp (first layer) and Brett Auerbach (other teams) each received All-America awards from the CBN. Red-shirted junior catcher was also selected to the All-SEC First Team last month, making him the first UA first-team pick on the league list since 2012.
Third team all-American
Sam Praytor, Catcher
- Crimson Tide starts start stop
- Alabama’s leader in home runs (13), RBI (46) and slugging percentage (.532)
- Added a team of high 14 multi-RBI games, including seven in SEC action to tie the UA lead
- Bound in 11th in the SEC in home runs, and contributed eight in SEC games to tie him to ninth in that category
- A total of 63 bases in conference interconnection to be a draw for 14th
- Recorded 10 of his 14 multi-hit efforts in league games to become number two on the tide
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook in Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.