Job title: Professional scout
Department: Personal player
Reports to: Director, personal actor
Date: Must be available to start by January 1, 2022.
Main goals: Responsible for providing support and assistance to the director of player personnel in all facets of player evaluation.
- Evaluate players at different levels of professional baseball.
- Maintain practical knowledge of Mariner systems, processes and philosophies.
- Proactively communicate preferences, ideas and takeaways at a broad level through the human resources department.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Corresponding, relevant work experience can be considered instead of formal education, if approved by management.
- A certain degree of work experience in professional sports is preferred.
Competence, knowledge, skills and abilities (CSAs):
- Committed professional with a strong grip on player evaluation.
- Outstanding communication (both oral and written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must always act in a way that is fair and ethical.
- Track record of problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas.
- Must exemplify a collaborative approach in the management of management and peers.
- General knowledge of industry procedures and operations.
Physical activities and working conditions:
- Travel and evaluate all assigned coverage, including nights and weekends.
- Collaborate regularly with Baseball Ops executives to develop self-improvement plans in all areas, including goal planning and reviews.
- Author and provides reports, preferences and recommendations in all forms of player acquisition (trade, Free Agency, Rule 5 Draft, Rule 4 Draft, 6-Year Free Agency, etc.).
- Relocation may be necessary
Applications will be accepted continuously. Interested and qualified applicants can apply via the following link: Professional scout
In addition, please visit www.mariners.com/jobs for more information.
The content of this post was created and provided solely by the Seattle Mariners.