Tuesday, March 9 / 18.30 / L. Dale Mitchell Park / Norman, Okla.
|Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.||TBA||TBA|
Oklahoma returns to L. Dale Mitchell Park for four games this week, starting Tuesday against UT Arlington. The first pitch is set to 18:30
• Fans are allowed to participate in limited capacity (attendance for OU’s two home matches from 21 to 22 February was limited due to snow and ice at the stadium). click here to buy tickets.
The Sooners will then host Arkansas State in a three-game series this weekend, March 12-14.
• After playing nine straight games away from home (all in major or minor league games), the Sooners will play seven of their next eight competitions at L. Dale Mitchell Park. OU will face UT Arlington (March 9), Arkansas State (March 12-14) and Houston (March 19-21) at home for the next two weeks.
• Oklahoma will play 16 of its next 22 games between March 9 and April 14 in the friendly. L. Dale Mitchell Park.
• Oklahoma played nine games in a row (February 23 – March 7) in professional ball parks, all affiliated with the Texas Rangers. Play on Feb. 23-24 was played at Globe Life Field, home of the Rangers. The Round Rock Classic (February 26-28) was held at Dell Diamond, home of the Rangers ‘Triple-A affiliated Round Rock Express, and the Frisco Classic was held at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas, the home of the Rangers’ Double- A affiliated with Frisco RoughRiders.
Watch / listen / follow:
• The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports Oklahoma and FOX Sports GO. Chad McKee and George Frazier will post the action.
• The game is broadcast locally on Sportstalk 99.3 FM / 1400 AM KREF, with Toby Rowland on the radio call. The radio broadcast will also be available via the TuneIn app.
• Live stats will be available on OUStats.com.
• This will be the 37th meeting between Oklahoma and UT Arlington. OR leads the series 25-11.
• The Sooners defeated the Mavericks 7-1 on Feb. 24 at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas.
OU has won four in a row and five of the last six against UTA, including a 3-0 win last season in Arlington, Texas (at UTA).
• Three Sooners was named the Frisco College Baseball Classic All-Tournament Team: catcher Jimmy thugs, first baseman Tyler Hardman and midfielder Tanner Tredaway. Crooks was also named the Round Rock Classic All-Tournament Team.
• OR accounted for 33 races in the four-game tournament in Frisco, an average of 8.3 races per competition. The Sooners produced season highs of 16 runs and 17 hits against Missouri.
• Tyler Hardman and Tanner Tredaway led OU on the plate last weekend, each batting .533 (8 for 15) with a double, five RBI and a .600 slugging percentage. Hardman went four times and scored three races while Tredaway drew two rounds and scored four races. Jimmy thugs led the Sooners with seven goals and three doubles, and also ran in three races.
• Hardman has a team-high .372 stroke average and nine RBI. Crooks leads the team with 13 points and six extra base hits (four doubles, two home runs) and is number two with eight RBIs. Tredaway beats. 317 with six RBIs and seven races.
• Carson wagon threw 5.0 relief innings, allowing no runs and just two hits in Oklahoma’s 16-6 victory over Missouri on Saturday. He retired the first five balls he faced in a 6-6 game, closing out the Tigers in the seventh round after OU took a 12-6 lead with six runs on the sixth, closing the game with a perfect ninth round. . He has not allowed any earned races in 12.0 laps this season.
• Right field officer Brett squires hit. 400 (4 for 10) and ran in five races. He doubled, tripled and struck in four races against Missouri on Saturday.
• Shortstop Brandon Zaragoza also ran in five races for the Sooners in the tournament. He accounted for a double, three trips and a sacrificial fly, and he scored two runs.
• Kendall Pettis started two games in the left field, and went 3 for 6 at the plate, doubled twice and scored four races. He chopped both doubles as he went 3 for 3 Saturday night against Missouri.
• OU is in its fourth season under the leadership of the head coach Skip Johnson. Johnson has led the Sooners to a 90-58 record and an NCAA season appearance in 2018.
Fan Cutouts at L. Dale Mitchell Park:
• This season, OU athletics department offers fans an opportunity to join the Sooners at L. Dale Mitchell Park, even if you can not physically participate in the games. For $ 50, you can get a clip of yourself placed in open seating areas around the stadium. Cutting options are limited and are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to order.
• The income from the fan cuts will benefit Former Relief Fund, which directly affects the OU student experience.